Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer in Dublin

I really apologise for not writting in the last two months, actually I was away on my internship at Dublin and for some funny reason my blog wasn't opening there. Probably i libeled the irish a lot in my blog (my worst case of colonial hangover!!!!!!...If it weren't for mammoth money with Ireland every english man would be busting the a**es of their english counterparts).

To be frank I had a blast at Dublin pretty much balancing physics,cappuccino 3 times a day from Starbucks coffee, tennis, Euro 2008 and of course alcohol. After all I was in a city known among all genres for its night life (which is kind of Ironic considering Dublin receives just 5 hours of night time during the summers). Not to mention I met some wonderful people there they really rocked.

Anywho it seems kind of wierd that I am writting all this considering no one reads this blog :-p (worst smiley any1 ever made).


Probably the thing I was the most amazedat was the extremely fat paycheck that made my bank accountquite burdonesome at the end of two months. Damn!!! the Irish have real money!!!! Quite frankly I could easily do away with (yet share adequate) with the most prodigal(yes, I coined this word) lifestyle as possible with half that amount. Guess that is financial freedon (a really extreme one).

Thats the way Research is all about, prbly. Well I know Researchers especially physicists are branded as the most geeky, havin big Grey hair,bearded. But seriously, gone are those days of einstienism and newtonism[not in terms of physics, sorry this is not balsphemy ]. To be frank researchers are real smart people living and njoying their life to the fullest.

But, with all this work becomes of primal importance. In my case to be honest the results that I obtained from my work were'nt that futile and lets see probably in a few months maybe the work which I did in Dublin may shape up my career!!!!

At the end of my internship yes I could proudly say that I am not a lonely cockroach in a drain (the feeling which I get spending endless days in my hostel room during term) but be really be worth of some day!!!!!

2 comments:

dreamer's disease diseased said...

Nice to hear from you again.
Judging by the wonderful smile that adorns ur face these days, i am pretty sure u had an awesome time this summer.
Its also interesting to hear u liked the research part, coz it upholds my early suspicions of ur belonging to the crazy-mad-scientist-type tribe.
Anyways dude , never question ur worth , coz u r worth more than any internship can ever pay.
cheers!
:P

Sandip Bhattacharya said...

Thanx a lot ......nice to know tht a few ppl slill read my blog!!!!!!